Reason Code P08 – Duplicate Charge
Why did I receive this chargeback?
A single transaction was submitted more than once.
What compelling evidence is needed to respond?
Your chargeback response must include at least one of the following items:
- If multiple transactions were needed, provide documentation that shows each purchase was valid.
- If you have already processed a refund for the transaction in question, provide documentation that proves you have credited the cardholder’s account.
How can I avoid this chargeback in the future?
- If you notice a duplicate transaction, issue a credit as soon as possible.
- Double check all transaction receipts before they are deposited.
- Only send batches one time.
- If the customer wants to change to a different form of payment after initially offering the payment card, be sure to void the charge.