Midigator Privacy Statement
Last Updated: February 2024
This privacy statement describes how Midigator LLC., an Equifax Company (collectively, “Midigator”, “we”, “us”, “our”), collects, uses, and shares personal data provided to Midigator by merchants and other users of Midigator products for providing global fraud prevention and related services. Midigator is committed to maintaining the privacy of personal data under its control, including personal data that you provide to us when using any of our services, including www.midigator.com, our business clients, or entities that use our products and applications, and the individuals that provide us with their information related to our marketing activities.
“Personal data” is any information that relates to an identifiable natural person. Your name, address, contact details, and financial data are all examples. The term “process” means any activity relating to personal data, including (for example) its collection, storage, transfer, erasure or other use.
Midigator is a “Controller” of your personal data. This means that we make decisions about how and why we process your personal data and because of this, we are responsible for making sure that it is used in accordance with data protection laws. Midigator may also function as a processor of your personal data in certain instances. A “Processor” is the entity that processes data on behalf of the data controller of your personal data.
Personal Data Collected
Depending on your use of our websites, services, and any contact with us (whether through our websites or otherwise) we may collect and/or receive the following types of personal data:
Information You Provide to Us
- Contact Information. When you submit information to Midigator, we may collect your name, address, email address, and credit card payment information required for payment of requested services or use of our platform. We do not knowingly collect personal data from persons under the age of 18.
- Communications With Us. We may collect personal data from you such as email address, phone number, or mailing address when you request information about our services, request customer or technical support, or otherwise communicate with us.
- Interactive Features. We may offer interactive features such as chat services, forums, and social media pages. We may collect information you submit or make available through these features.
Information We Collect from You
- Website Usage Information. We automatically collect IP addresses and website usage information from you when you access any of our online services. This information helps us evaluate how our visitors and subscribers use and navigate our websites on an aggregate basis, including but not limited to, the number and frequency of visitors and subscribers to each web page, and the length of their visits.
- Information Collected via Cookies. We define a cookie as any string of data that is automatically stored on your computer upon access to our online services. Midigator employs cookies to assign temporary identification numbers to machines that access our web servers. This information is aggregated and used to help us provide more useful information to our customers and to understand which parts of our website and services are of most interest. Aggregated data is not considered personal data for the purposes of this privacy statement.
Information We Collect about You
- Transaction Information. Midigator and our Clients may process your personal data, including shipping, financial, and payment card information, in order to facilitate a transaction that you request. Additionally, Midigator and its third-party service providers may collect information regarding your purchasing activities.
- Device Information. Midigator and its third-party service providers may collect information about the device you use to purchase goods and services, including your IP address, type of device, type of browser, device name, and geographic location.
How We Use and Disclose Personal Data
We may use and disclose personal data for numerous business purposes, including:
- Performing the requirements of a service agreement with you for information, resources, products or services that you’ve requested from us.
- Sending customer service-related communications or requesting your feedback.
- Sending service-related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, software updates, security alerts, and administrative messages.
- Communicating with you about product announcements and upcoming events offered by us and our selected partners.
- Operating and improving the business, our website, and platform, including administering, protecting, and improving services and systems.
- Analyzing statistics related to the usage of our services to help personalize and improve your experience with us.
- Internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research.
- Conducting a prospective or actual sale, investment opportunity, merger, transfer or other reorganization of all or parts of the business.
If we intend to use your personal data for a purpose that is materially different from the purposes stated above, or if we intend to disclose it to a third party not previously identified, we will obtain consent of such uses and/or disclosures in advance.
When acting as a Data Processor on behalf of our clients, we will only process personal data for the purposes requested by our client.
Sharing your Personal Data
Affiliates and Third Parties: We may share your personal data with companies that control, are controlled by, or under common control with Midigator, as well as selected third parties with whom Midigator works. These recipients within and outside our group may be processing your personal data on our behalf as a Service Provider (see below) or they may be processing it for their own purposes as a Controller in their own right.
Additionally, we may share your personal data with the following categories of recipients:
- Service Providers. We may share your personal data with entities that provide services to us, such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, information technology, related infrastructure provision, and/or content for the operation and maintenance of the Midigator Services we provide. Access to your personal data by these Service Providers is limited to the information reasonably necessary for the Service Provider to perform its limited functions. We take steps to help ensure that Service Providers keep your personal data confidential and comply with our privacy and security requirements.
Periodically, we may partner with other companies to jointly offer products or services. If you register for or specifically express interest in a jointly offered product or service from us, we may share data about you with our joint promotion partner(s). We do not control these business partners’ use of your data, and their use of the information will be in accordance with their privacy policies. If you do not wish for your information to be shared this way, you may opt not to purchase or express interest in a jointly offered product or service.
- Disclosure for Legal Reasons or as necessary to protect Midigator. We may release personal data to other parties: (1) to comply with valid legal requirements such as laws, regulations, search warrants or court orders; (2) in special cases, such as a physical threat to you or others, a threat to public security, or a threat to Midigator’s systems or networks; or (3) cases in which Midigator believes it is reasonably necessary to investigate or prevent suspected or actual harm, abuse, fraud, or illegal conduct.
- Changes in Midigator’s corporate structure: If all or any part of Midigator is sold, merged or otherwise transferred to another entity (including a transfer of assets), your personal data may be transferred as part of that transaction.
International Data Transfer
Midigator is based in the United States and the personal data processed by Midigator is stored in the United States. Midigator is also part of the Equifax global group of companies, with operations and Service Providers located in other jurisdictions. Your personal data may be accessed by or transferred to such group companies or third parties in other jurisdictions.
We may transfer your personal data to other countries which may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information, but we will protect your personal data in accordance with this privacy statement, or as otherwise disclosed to you.
Midigator only retains your personal data for as long as needed to fulfill legitimate business purposes and for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which we are processing it.
In some cases, it may be necessary to retain your personal data for different periods. The factors that direct how long we will retain personal data include the following:
- any laws or regulations that we are required to follow;
- whether we are in a legal or other type of dispute with each other or any third party;
- the type of information maintained about you; and
- whether we are asked by you or a regulatory authority to keep your personal data for a valid reason.
For more information regarding our retention periods, please contact us.
Midigator websites and services are not directed to minors, and we do not knowingly accept or process personal data of persons under the age of eighteen (18) years old. If you learn that your child has provided us with personal data without your consent, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we learn that we have collected any personal data in violation of applicable law, we will promptly take steps to delete such information and terminate the child’s account.
Safeguarding your Personal Data
Midigator maintains industry accepted security safeguards when storing or destroying your personal data in order to prevent unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal, or similar risks. We regularly review, test, and enhance our systems to ensure they meet accepted industry standards. We also limit the number of employees who may access your personal data on a need-to-know basis. We conduct due diligence on, and impose appropriate security standards for, our members who are permitted to access your information through products or services we offer.
Choices and Control over your Information
Midigator as a Data Controller
Your rights to control your personal data.
General. Midigator complies with data subject rights in the jurisdictions in which it operates. Depending on the jurisdiction from which your personal data was collected, you may have rights under applicable law which you may exercise by contacting us at the address below.
Access, Correction, Deletion, and Restriction
Subject to the requirements of applicable laws and certain limitations or exceptions, you may have the right to:
- Access your personal data and be provided with certain information in relation to it, such as the purpose for which it is processed;
- Require us to correct any inaccuracies in your personal data without undue delay;
- Require us to delete your personal data (please be aware that the right of deletion under data protection law is not an absolute right as it only applies in relation to one or more specific circumstances);
- Require us to restrict the processing of your personal data;
- Receive the personal data which you have provided to us in a machine readable format, where we are processing it on the basis of consent or to comply with a contract with you and such processing is automated.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at:
Chief Privacy Officer
1550 Peachtree Street, NW, Atlanta, GA 30309
Midigator as a Data Processor
In circumstances where we are the Data Processor, personal data is under the control of our Clients. Our Clients are required to provide appropriate notice and choice to their end users as they are the Data Controller. As the Data Processor, we do not typically have a direct relationship with our Client’s end users. We will assist the Data Controller in responding to individuals exercising their rights under the applicable laws and regulations that apply to the jurisdiction from which their personal data was collected.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
We may change this privacy statement in the future. If we make changes to this privacy statement, we will post the revised privacy statement and its effective date on this website.
If you have questions or comments about this privacy statement, please contact us at the below address.
Chief Privacy Officer
1550 Peachtree Street, NW
Atlanta, GA 30309