C14 – Paid By Other Means
Why did I receive this chargeback?
The cardholder claims to have paid with a different payment method.
What compelling evidence is needed to respond?
Your chargeback response must include at least one of the following items:
- If the alternate form of payment was for an unrelated charge, provide proof of two separate purchases.
- If the cardholder agreed to use the card for payment, provide documentation that proves the cardholder’s consent.
- If you have already processed a refund for the transaction in question, provide documentation that proves you have credited the cardholder’s account.
How can I avoid this chargeback in the future?
- Double check all transaction receipts before they are deposited.
- If the customer wants to change to a different form of payment after initially offering the payment card, be sure to void the charge.