Reason Code 4853 - Timeshares
Why did I receive this chargeback?
The cardholder claims the timeshare was cancelled, but you charged the cardholder anyway.
How long can the issuer wait to file a chargeback?
The maximum amount of time that can pass between the cancellation date and the chargeback processing date is 120 calendar days.
What compelling evidence is needed to respond?
Your chargeback response must include at least one of the following items:
- Explanation and documentation to refute the cardholder’s claim
- Proof that the chargeback is invalid because it doesn’t adhere to Mastercard requirements
- Proof you have already refunded the transaction and credited the cardholder’s account
- Proof the cardholder no longer wishes to dispute the transaction
How can I avoid this chargeback in the future?
- Accept cancellations for at least 14 calendar days after the agreement date.
- Inform cardholders of your cancellation policy before finalizing the agreement.
- Fulfill all valid cancellation requests promptly.