Reason Code 4853 - Addendum Dispute
Why did I receive this chargeback?
The cardholder made one authorized purchase with you, but a second, unauthorized transaction was processed.
How long can the issuer wait to file a chargeback?
The maximum amount of time that can pass between the second transaction processing date and the chargeback processing date is 120 calendar days.
What compelling evidence is needed to respond?
Your chargeback response must include at least one of the following items:
- Explanation and documentation to refute the cardholder’s claim
- Proof you adhered to Mastercard’s Transaction Processing Rules section 3.8 about charges for loss, theft, or damage
- Proof that the chargeback is invalid because it doesn’t adhere to Mastercard requirements
- Proof you have already refunded the transaction and credited the cardholder’s account
- Proof the cardholder no longer wishes to dispute the transaction
How can I avoid this chargeback in the future?
- Clearly explain the situations that might cause you to charge the card including charges for loss, theft, or damage.
- Have the cardholder read and agree to terms of service before processing the original transaction.