Reason Code 4849 - Mastercard Rule 3.7 Violation for Coercion Claim
Why did I receive this chargeback?
Mastercard has confirmed that you violated Rule 3.7 at least two times within the case scope period cited in the noncompliance confirmation letter
How long can the issuer wait to file a chargeback?
The maximum amount of time that can pass between the date of the noncompliance confirmation letter and the chargeback processing date is 30 calendar days.
What compelling evidence is needed to respond?
Your chargeback response must include at least one of the following items:
- Proof you didn’t violate Mastercard Rule 3.7
- Documentation claiming the issuer didn’t include the noncompliance confirmation letter with the chargeback
- Documentation claiming the issuer submitted the chargeback more than 30 days after the noncompliance confirmation letter
- Proof that the chargeback is otherwise invalid because it doesn’t adhere to Mastercard requirements
- Proof you have already refunded the transaction and credited the cardholder’s account
How can I avoid this chargeback in the future?
Always adhere to Mastercard rules and regulations.