4849 - Questionable Merchant Activity - Global Merchant Audit Program (GMAP)
Why did I receive this chargeback?
You are listed in a Mastercard Announcement under the Global Merchant Audit Program (GMAP).
How long can the issuer wait to file a chargeback?
The chargeback timeline can be based on one of two start dates. Either the chargeback must be processed within 120 calendar days of:
- the transaction processing date, or
- the Mastercard Announcement publication date that first listed the merchant location
What compelling evidence is needed to respond?
Your chargeback response must include at least one of the following items:
- Proof you are not listed in a Mastercard Announcement
- Documentation claiming the transaction did not occur within the required time limit
- Proof that the chargeback is invalid because it doesn’t adhere to Mastercard requirements
- Proof you have already refunded the transaction and credited the cardholder’s account
How can I avoid this chargeback in the future?
- Always adhere to Mastercard rules and regulations.