4834 - Point-Of-Interaction Error - Point-of-Interaction (POI) Currency Conversion (Dynamic Currency Conversion)
Why did I receive this chargeback?
The cardholder claims you didn’t give the option to pick a currency or you used POI currency conversion incorrectly.
How long can the issuer wait to file a chargeback?
The maximum amount of time that can pass between the transaction processing date and the chargeback processing date is 90 calendar days.
What compelling evidence is needed to respond?
Your chargeback response must include at least one of the following items:
- Explanation and documentation to refute the cardholder’s claim
- Proof that the chargeback is invalid because it doesn’t adhere to Mastercard requirements
- Proof you have already refunded the transaction and credited the cardholder’s account
How can I avoid this chargeback in the future?
- Don’t automatically apply dynamic currency conversion to transactions. Give customers the option to select the service if they are interested, but don’t require its use.
- Have systems in place to manage multiple currencies. Make sure staff are trained on procedures