Reason Code 4808 - Multiple Authorization Requests
Why did I receive this chargeback?
The issuer declined the transaction but was subsequently approved in Stand-In or X-Code.
How long can the issuer wait to file a chargeback?
The maximum amount of time that can pass between the transaction processing date and the chargeback processing date is 90 calendar days.
What compelling evidence is needed to respond?
Your chargeback response must include at least one of the following items:
- Proof the transaction was authorized and presented within the allotted time frame
- Proof the cardholder re-submitted an online order after it was initially denied
- Proof you used the correct message codes when submitting a transaction with one authorization and multiple clearing records, and proof that the total amount of all clearing records did not exceed the authorization amount
- Proof that the chargeback is invalid because it doesn’t adhere to Mastercard requirements
- Proof you have already refunded the transaction and credited the cardholder’s account
How can I avoid this chargeback in the future?
- Always send an authorization request before processing a transaction.
- Terminate transaction if they are declined and ask for an alternate form of payment.