P03 – Credit Processed as Charge
Why did I receive this chargeback?
You processed a transaction, but the cardholder claims it should have been a refund.
What compelling evidence is needed to respond?
Your chargeback response must include at least one of the following items:
- If the transaction was valid, provide evidence that refutes the cardholder’s claim.
- If you have already processed a refund for the transaction in question, provide documentation that proves you have credited the cardholder’s account.
How can I avoid this chargeback in the future?
- Take care not to accidentally process transactions that should be voided or cancelled
- Adhere to any promises for credits or refunds.
- Fulfill all qualified cancellations or refund requests promptly so the credit will appear on the cardholder’s next statement.
- If you notice a duplicate transaction, issue a credit as soon as possible.
- Double check all transaction receipts before they are deposited.