Reason Code C32 –Goods/Services Damaged Or Defective
Why did I receive this chargeback?
The cardholder claims to have received goods or services that were damaged or defective.
What compelling evidence is needed to respond?
Your chargeback response must include at least one of the following items:
- If you have proof the goods or services were not damaged or defective, provide evidence to refute the cardholder’s claim. This might include, for example, the fact that merchandise wasn’t returned.
- If the merchandise or services provided were defective, provide proof the cardholder agreed to accept the goods or services “as is”.
- If the goods or services were not returned, provide documentation that proves the cardholder didn’t comply with your clearly-stated policies.
- If you have already processed a refund for the transaction in question, provide documentation that proves you have credited the cardholder’s account.
How can I avoid this dispute in the future?
- Provide exceptional customer service and promptly acknowledge customers when they make contact.
- If the cardholder contacts you to resolve the issue, promptly fulfill all valid requests for replacements or refunds.
- Use the correct size boxes and sufficient packing material so items won’t break in transit.
- Resolve the issue yourself. Don’t refer the cardholder to the manufacturer instead.