C18 – “No Show” or CARDeposit Cancelled
Why did I receive this chargeback?
The cardholder claims to have cancelled a lodging reservation but didn’t receive a refund. Or, a credit for a CARDeposit charge was not received by the cardholder.
What compelling evidence is needed to respond?
Your chargeback response must include at least one of the following items:
- If the “no show” or CARDeposit charge was valid, provide documentation that refutes the cardholder’s claim.
- If you have already processed a refund for the transaction in question, provide documentation that proves you have credited the cardholder’s account.
How can I avoid this chargeback in the future?
- Fulfill all qualified cancellation requests promptly.
- Clearly explain your cancellation and no-show policy, and have the cardholder agree to the terms before finalizing the reservation.
- Train your staff so the guest won’t accidentally be charged a no-show fee if the accommodations were used or you offered alternate accommodations.