C02 – Credit Not Processed
Why did I receive this chargeback?
The cardholder claims you were supposed to provide a refund, but a credit hasn’t been applied to the card yet.
What compelling evidence is needed to respond?
Your chargeback response must include at least one of the following items:
- If you don’t need to offer a credit or only a partial credit is necessary, provide documentation that supports your claim.
- If you have already processed a refund for the transaction in question, provide documentation that proves you have credited the cardholder’s account.
How can I avoid this chargeback in the future?
- Make sure your refund or cancellation policy clearly explains what the cardholder is expected to do, and make the policy easy to find.
- Adhere to any promises for credits or refunds.
- Fulfill all qualified cancellations or refund requests promptly so the credit will appear on the cardholder’s next statement.
- If you will be crediting the cardholder for a reduced amount, communicate the difference before processing the credit.