UI Team Lead
- March 25, 2020
This position is critical for taking a growing mid-sized company to the next level. The Web/UI Team Lead develops and executes project plans, manages the UI development work, decides how to integrate UI technologies, and mentors the development team. The role also requires interaction with internal/external IT teams, providing insight into current capabilities as well as envisioning future state functionality requirements. The ideal candidate has experience working in a rapidly changing environment, is a self-starter, loves learning, and wants to make a positive impact on the team and the product.
- The role involves working jointly with customers and internal teams to scope application requirements, as well as building the most effective solution to meet the customers’ needs.
- Bridge the gaps between user needs, product roadmap and functional implementation.
- Communicate effectively with technical and non-technical people.
- Be the lead and mentor for the UI Team.
- Write technical documentation to capture architecture, processes, policies, procedures, installation and instructions in Confluence.
- Develop technical solutions to solve legacy coding problems.
- 7+ years work experience in software engineering, building distributed systems as part of the team and participating in the full development life cycle.
- Solve business needs with short-term deliverables, while constantly improving and moving towards long-term architectural goals
- Ability to be a trusted advisor
- Be a member of our “Learning” organization
- Understanding of solutions that span horizontally across architectural boundaries
- Contribute to product development roadmap and refinement of backend architecture
- Experienced with microservices architecture
- Highly skilled in Web UI Frameworks (React, Bootstrap, HTML5, CSS3)
- Strong attention to detail (aesthetic and technical)
- Prototype new technologies to benchmark, analyze, present and discuss design alternatives
- Enhance, refactor, and continuously improve the codebase
- Experience with containerization and container orchestration tools
- Source Control Management tools (Gitlab)
- Experience with frequent and incremental development, testing, and deployment
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Strong leadership skills
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, or other related technical discipline (not required but nice to have)
- Must be able to sit for up to 8 hours at a time
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds safely and properly
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening, and hearing ability
- Requires visual acuity