Senior Vice President of Operations
- May 31, 2019
In this role, you will provide management and oversight, demonstrating a commitment to excellence at all times. You will collaborate with the Executive team and Senior Management in order to meet the company’s objectives in addition to having a passion for success and a proven record of successful strategic planning and implementation. You will be responsible for providing guidelines in operations to ensure maximum success.
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing programs and procedures that would help attain growth and profit for the Company.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining policies and written procedures for direct report departments that are in line with the goals and objectives of the Company.
- Direct report departments include Partner Success, Client Success and Client Operations.
- Develop, implement and maintain effective analytics and key performance indicators to inform decision-making, and share pertinent data with other departments, Senior Management and the Executive team on performance for proactive response.
- Supervise operations through coordination and directing activities which are consistent with policies, goals and objectives, ensuring projects are completed on time and on budget.
- Partner with department managers across multiple functional areas to develop strategies and tactical solutions to positively impact progress toward shared business objectives.
- Collaborate with Product owner and Engineering team to drive product quality and product improvement (client feedback, feature requests, etc.).
- Ensure compliance with the client agreements and contracts.
- Build relationships with top clients to further support their client experience and overall effective operations.
- Troubleshoot complex issues with clients.
- Liaise between other members of the leadership team and subordinates.
- Plan, develop, make recommendations and implement changes to direct report departments’ organization, staffing, and employee development.
- Build and manage a team through employee selection, coaching, training, and performance management activities.
- Set clear goals and objectives for the team to effectively and efficiently handle day to day client activities as well as complex issues.
- Lead recurring status update meetings to facilitate communication and alignment with department goals and objectives.
- Delegate responsibilities to subordinates and provide guidance and direction where necessary.
- Routinely evaluate subordinates, providing constructive feedback as needed.
- Manage employee concerns through collaboration with HR.
- Promote culture and foster a cooperative and harmonious working climate conducive to maximize employee morale and productivity.
- Proactively research and understand industry trends and monitor competitive landscape. Maintain acute awareness of market and industry trends.
- Attend industry conference and tradeshows to engage clients, as needed.
- Be responsible for overall successful operation of the team.
- Contribute to the maximization of efficiency and productivity of the Company.
- Bachelor’s degree in business management or related field; MBA or Master degree in related field is a plus
- 10+ years of leadership or management experience is required
- Experience growing a team, hiring, coaching and developing effective teams
- Effective in reaching company goals by being innovative and creative
- Ability to have big-picture vision as well as the drive and attention to detail that transforms strategy into action
- Willing to take responsibility and act independently when necessary
- Proven track record for services and solutions delivery with a demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast paced environment
- Strong computer experience and knowledge in Word, Excel, Google suite (Gmail, Google docs)
Skills and Attitudes
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to build and maintain client relationships
- Strong team building skills and ability to motivate others
- Team-player mindset and willingness to collaborate
- Time management skills, must be able to prioritize tasks and create organized processes
- Must be able to handle high-pressure situations
- Must be able to prioritize tasks and create organized processes
- Must be detailed oriented
- Must be able to communicate with internal team, outside departments, third parties and with Executive team
- Must be positive and outgoing to fit in with corporate culture
- Must be able to sit for up to 8 hours at a time
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds safely and properly
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, listening, and hearing ability
- Requires visual acuity