Senior UI Engineer
- October 17, 2020
The Senior UI Engineer executes project plans, performs high level UI development work, and mentors others. The role also requires interaction with internal/external IT teams, providing insight into current capabilities as well as envisioning future state functionality requirements. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, loves learning, and wants to make a positive impact on the team and the product.
- Create web applications using modern frontend frameworks such as React.
- Assist in developing deployment strategies and CI pipelines for frontend projects.
- Write automated unit, integration, and end to end tests for frontend projects.
- Advocate and implement development best practices.
- Communicate and collaborate with stakeholders to create innovative and intuitive interfaces and experiences.
- Communicate effectively in both written and verbal communications.
- Write technical documentation to capture architecture, processes, policies, procedures, installation and instructions.
- 5+ years work experience in software engineering, building software as part of the team, and participating in the full development life cycle.
- Solve business needs with short-term deliverables, while constantly improving and moving towards long-term architectural goals.
- Strong interest in learning and teaching via books, reading, videos, brown bags, and other sources.
- Contribute to product development roadmap and refinement of frontend architecture.
- Experience with automated frontend testing frameworks (Jest, Mocha, etc.)
- Strong attention to detail (aesthetic and technical).
- Proficiency in Source Control Management tools (Git, Gitlab).
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Experience with microservices architecture.
- Enhance, refactor, and continuously improve the codebase.
- Experience with containerization and container orchestration tools (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Ability to prototype technologies to benchmark, analyze, present, and discuss alternatives.
- Experience with frequent and incremental development, testing, and deployment.
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or related field or equivalent work experience.
Perks & Benefits
- Remote/flexible workspace
- Collaborative work culture
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Equity after one year of employment
- Unlimited PTO
Midigator is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.