Senior UI Engineer
- October 17, 2020
The Senior UI Engineer executes project plans, performs high level UI development work, and mentors others. The role also requires interaction with internal/external IT teams, providing insight into current capabilities as well as envisioning future state functionality requirements. The ideal candidate has experience working in a rapidly changing environment, is a self-starter, loves learning, and wants to make a positive impact on the team and the product.
- The role involves working jointly with customers and internal teams to scope application requirements, as well as building the most effective solution to meet the customers’ needs.
- Bridge the gaps between user needs, product roadmap and functional implementation.
- Communicate effectively with technical and non-technical people.
- Write technical documentation to capture architecture, processes, policies, procedures, installation and instructions in Confluence.
- Develop technical solutions to solve legacy coding problems
- 5+ years work experience in software engineering, building distributed systems as part of the team and participating in the full development life cycle.
- Solve business needs with short-term deliverables, while constantly improving and moving towards long-term architectural goals
- Be a member of our “Learning” organization
- Understanding of solutions that span horizontally across architectural boundaries
- Contribute to product development roadmap and refinement of backend architecture
- Experienced with microservices architecture
- Experience with refactoring legacy code to add unit tests, features, etc.
- Strong attention to detail (aesthetic and technical)
- Prototype new technologies to benchmark, analyze, present and discuss design alternatives
- Enhance, refactor, and continuously improve the codebase
- Experience with containerization and container orchestration tools
- Source Control Management tools (Gitlab)
- Experience with frequent and incremental development, testing, and deployment
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Strong leadership skills
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, or other related technical discipline (not required but nice to have)