Senior Software Engineer
- September 13, 2018
This position is critical for taking our product to the next level. The Sr. Software Engineer will design, build, maintain, and transform our current technology into a data analytics platform. You will be solving problems related to building streaming data services and creating scalable cloud-based software. The role involves working jointly with customers and internal teams to scope integration requirements, design effective solutions, and then build those solutions to meet the customers’ needs. The ideal candidate has experience working in a rapidly changing environment and prides themselves on being an energetic self-starter who wants to make a positive impact on the team and the product.
- Strong experience with Linux systems running services in AWSStrong Python & SQL experience.
- Strong belief and experience in writing clean, non-complicated code with unit tests.
- AWS experience (VPC, EC2, S3, SNS/SQS, RDS)
- Experience with containerization platforms (Docker)
- Experience with microservices architectures, REST API’s, asynchronous communications.
- Experience with frequent and incremental development, testing, and deployment
- Experience with scaling distributed data stores, file systems, and services (RDS MySQL, DynamoDB, MongoDB, Redis)8+ years of related software engineering experience in an agile environment
Nice to have
- Experience with container orchestration tools (Kubernetes, ECS, etc.)
- Experience with Terraform, CI/CD, Git, Gitlab
- Experience with Spark, Databricks, streaming data sources (Kafka, Kinesis), and Messaging frameworks (Kafka, SNS/SQS, AMQP)
- Experience with Prometheus, Grafana, Elasticsearch
- Experience in Golang
- Experience with Event-driven architectures and Eventing systems
- Payment card experience
Perks & Benefits:
- Remote/flexible workspace
- Collaborative work culture
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Equity after one year of employment
- Unlimited PTO
Midigator is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.