Senior Software Engineer
- September 13, 2018
This position is critical for taking a growing mid-sized company to the next level. The Senior Software Engineer develops and executes project plans, inclusive of project scope, kick-off, timelines, testing, production, implementation, utilization as well as managing key stakeholder communications. The position is responsible for architecting, designing, creating, testing, and ensuring the quality of moderately complex software fir a major product or product line. The role also requires interaction with internal/external IT teams, providing insight into current capabilities as well as envisioning future state functionality requirements.
The ideal candidate has experience working in a rapidly changing environment and pride yourself on being an energetic self-starter wanting to make a positive impact on the team and the product.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The role involves working jointly with customers and internal teams to scope integration requirements, as well as building the most effective solution to meet the customers’ needs.
- Bridge the gaps between user needs, product roadmap and functional implementation.
- Communicate effectively with technical and non-technical people.
- Write technical documentation to capture architecture, processes, policies, procedures, installation and instructions in Confluence.
- 7+ years’ work experience in software engineering, building distributed systems as part of the team and participating in the full development life cycle.
- Strong experience with Linux (CentOS) systems running services in AWS
- Amazon Web Services automation, administration experience (Cloud Formation, VPC, EC2, S3, SNS/SQS, Lambda, ECS, ECR, ELB, EBS, Route53, Cloud Watch)
- Solve business needs with short-term deliverables, while constantly improving and moving towards long-term architectural goals
- Be a Polyglot (Python, PHP, Scala, Node.js)
- Experience with containerization platforms (Docker) and container orchestration tools (Kubernetes, ECS, etc.)
- Experience with frequent and incremental development, testing, and deployment
- Ability to be a trusted advisor
- Mature our own API and ensure it is able to effectively integrate with 3rd party API’s
- Experience with micro services architectures
- Understanding of solutions that span horizontally across architectural boundaries
- Strong attention to detail (aesthetic and technical)
- 7 years of experience in customer centric roles, with exposure to delivery, IT, and pre-sales disciplines
- 6+ years of relevant experience in an agile environment
- Ability to contribute to product development roadmap and refinement of backend architecture
- Prototype new technologies to benchmark, analyze, present and discuss design alternatives
- Enhance, refactor, and continuously improve the codebase
- Experience with orchestration and configuration management tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Experience with scaling and operationalizing distributed data stores, file systems, and services (MongoDB, Redis, RDS MySQL, DynamoDB)
- Source Control Management tools (Git, GitHub)
- CI/CD solutions such as Jenkins, GitHub PR
- Experience with build tools (Rake, Maven, Ant, Grunt, Gulp)
- Experience with testing automation toolsExcellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, or other related technical discipline