Market Development Representative
- November 2, 2018
We are looking for a Marketing Development Representative to seek new business opportunities by contacting and developing relationships with potential customers.
To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience developing leads from outbound efforts and meeting sales quotas. You will need to have thick skin and be able to uphold measurable activity that will be monitored by your VP of Sales. This will not be inbound sales. This is truly an outbound sales position. You will use your communication skills to cultivate strong relationships with customers, from first contact until you close the deal. You will also ensure proper after-sales service. If you are motivated and results-driven, and enjoy working in a team environment, we’d like to meet you. Ultimately, you will boost sales and contribute to our long-term business growth.
- Qualifying leads from marketing campaigns as sales opportunities
- Contacting potential clients through cold calls, outbound emails, Linkedin Sales Navigator via outbound tool
- Presenting our company to potential clients
- Researching & Qualify leads from cold lead and qualifying them as sales opportunities via your own individual outreach.
- Contact potential clients through cold calls, outbound emails, and Linkedin Sales Navigator
- Present our company to potential clients
- Identify client needs and suggest appropriate products/services
- Customize product solutions to increase customer satisfaction
- Build long-term trusting relationships with clients
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market via your own individual efforts but through the directive of your VP of Sales.
- Set up meetings or calls between (prospective) clients and Account Executives
- Report to the VP of Sales on (weekly/monthly/quarterly) sales results
- Stay up-to-date with new products/services and new pricing/payment plans
- Proven work experience as a Marketing Development Representative (Also known as an SDR or BDR), Sales Account Executive or similar role with proven track record of outbound skills.
- Hands-on experience with multiple sales techniques (including cold calls and well crafted emails)
- Track record of achieving sales quotas
- Experience with CRM software (e.g. Salesforce)
- Familiarity with MS Excel (analyzing spreadsheets and charts)
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations
- BSc degree in Marketing, Business Administration or relevant field