Director of Product Management
- May 31, 2019
This is a position for a working manager, who wants to handle all aspects of the product management lifecycle and eventually build a team Product Management team. You will be a bridge between the technical team and non-technical teams. Gathering requirement and writing stories in an agile development environment will be a critical job function.
- Manage software development projects for multiple teams using JIRA, Plan releases, schedule and facilitate meetings, remove impediments to progress.
- Gather, analyze and determine value of requests from internal and external users. Write and prioritize stories
- Create 12 month product roadmaps.
- Add valuable input, research and business cases to the product backlog through user stories, with acceptance criteria, and work with the executive team to determine priority.
- Facilitate planning session for multiple teams. Communicate prioritization for work to be done.
- Lead sprint retrospective sessions.
- Help test each feature to make sure it meets functional requirements and acceptance criteria before ‘accepting’ feature as complete.
- Work with custom integrations team to ensure data and feature work compliment each other and do not hinder releases that require both groups to deliver.
- Communicate all new features to business development/sales/client relations managers prior to release.
- Although this is not a technical role, you should be familiar with SaaS based web applications, microservices, data warehousing, etc.
- This role will also work closely with the Director of Design on UX/UI features.
- Experience with Credit Card payments and chargebacks is highly desirable.
Skills and Attitudes:
- 5+ years of SaaS product management experience
- Strong presentation, communication, and collaboration skills, enabling effective interaction and knowledge transfer to teammates and other departments within the company
- Must have a positive, outgoing attitude
- Must be detail-oriented
- Must be able to work independently as well as with a team
- Must be comfortable learning new skills
- Must be willing to take on new challenges
- Must be able to follow directions thoroughly
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) or equivalent required
- Must be able to sit for up to 8 hours at a time
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds safely and properly
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, listening, and hearing ability
- Requires visual acuity