Director of Product Design
- January 10, 2022
Midigator is looking for a seasoned Director of Product Design to support our growing product organization in building world-class products that delight our customers. You will help craft a clear vision and design strategy for how Midigator products help merchants, processors, and banks simplify the process of chargeback and dispute management. You will lead, build and mentor a small team of talented product designers across all Midigator’s products and services
The ideal candidate is a dynamic, influential team leader who possesses a well-rounded design background and has a strong visual point of view complemented by solid UX fundamentals. Successful candidates will have a strong balance of leadership and execution skills with a strong-drive to solve complex user-driven problems by implementing elegant research-driven solutions.
What you'll be doing
- Oversee all facets of product design for your team (UX, UI, UXR) and maintain a consistently high bar of quality for their work
- Guide your team and colleagues through all phases of the design process including distilling data and research insights, leading group ideation sessions, conducting design reviews, and providing design support through final implementation
- Simplify complex design problems and find opportunities to push the bounds of what is possible within the payment processing ecosystem.
- Work closely with other functional leaders in product, engineering, and client success to prioritize, plan, and track product initiatives and outcomes
- Communicate progress and key updates with other teams, partners, and leadership on a regular basis
- Foster highly collaborative working relationships between the design team and members of product, engineering, operations, and client success to deliver a seamless, unified experience to our customers
- Always be a vocal advocate for our customers and possess a strong understanding of how data and qualitative research inform building outstanding products
- Be hands-on and capable of rolling up your sleeves to work with product and engineering teams to reimagine and redefine the evolving world of chargeback management.
- Build, lead, inspire, and develop a diverse team of product designers by raising the team’s level of design, decision making, and collaboration skills
Qualifications & Skills
- 8+ years of proven experience in designing and building enterprise B2B digital products at scale
- 4+ years of leading product design teams and managing 3+ direct reports
- Demonstrated history of driving impact through UX solutions to meet key company OKRs and business metrics
- A hands-on leader with the ability to take ownership and work autonomously in leading multiple work streams and design initiatives
- A track record of championing what’s best for the user while balancing the needs of the business
- Excellent communication skills and ability to articulate a design vision to any audience within the organization
- Proven track record of delivering products to market and iterating on those products over time to ensure success
- Portfolio or case study samples that showcase the products you’ve delivered to market, as well as the design processes that led to their launch
Perks & Benefits:
Collaborative work culture
Employer-paid life insurance
Equity after one year of employment
Unlimited PTOMidigator is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.