- August 27, 2020
The Controller will be responsible to the management of all accounting functions, including general ledger, forecasting, budgeting and financial reporting. The Controller will collaborate extensively with departments outside of Finance in order to meet the Company’s objectives in providing financial information and analysis for decision making.
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide analytical and tactical support to Executives, Senior Management, and the PE firm
- Oversee and maintain the general accounting functions, including daily and monthly responsibilities related to the following areas: Cash, Fixed Assets, Other Current and Long-Term Assets, Accounts Payable, Accrued Liabilities, and also including Revenue, Accounts Receivable and Collections Process as managed by the Director of Revenue.
- Recording of journal entries to maintain financial statements on a monthly basis in accordance with US GAAP. Maintains support for journal entries in Xero.
- Prepare weekly/monthly reconciliations of accounts and monitor the status of the accounts daily/weekly.
- Review monthly financial statements for completeness and large/unusual items. Perform monthly variance analysis based on expected trends, forecast and budget. Problem solving and further analysis where applicable.
- Cash Management Functions in accordance with Company procedures, including processing cash disbursements and reconciliation of accounts.
- Develop, implement and monitor internal controls.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining policies and written procedures for finance and accounting functions.
- Responsible for financial packages to Senior Management, Executive Management and Board on a monthly and quarterly basis, including ad hoc reporting as requested.
- Assist in the preparation of the quarterly Board deck.
- Develop, implement and maintain effective analytics and key performance indicators to inform decision-making, and share pertinent data with other departments, Senior Management and the Executive team on performance for proactive response.
- Notify the CFO of any unusual items and/or events that effect financial performance.
- Preparation and monitoring of the monthly Forecast and annual Budget process.
- Additional Ad Hoc reporting as necessary.
- Promote culture and foster a cooperative and harmonious working climate conducive to maximize employee morale and productivity.
- Proactively research and understand industry trends and monitor competitive landscape. Maintain acute awareness of market and industry trends.
- Contribute to the maximization of efficiency and productivity of the Company.
- Facilitate annual audit and tax return preparation process including involvement with outside auditors, tax advisors and consultants, as needed.
- Accounting experience 5+ years including previous management and general ledger experience
- Previous public accounting experience highly encouraged
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- CPA license encouraged
- Knowledge of chargeback and payment industry highly desired
- Experience growing a team, hiring, coaching and developing effective teams
- Effective in reaching company goals by being innovative and creative
- Ability to have big-picture vision as well as the drive and attention to detail that transforms strategy into action
- Willing to take responsibility and act independently when necessary
- Proven track record for services and solutions delivery with a demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast paced environment
- Strong computer experience and knowledge in Word, Excel, Google suite (Gmail, Google docs)